Discover the Sacred Valley of the Incas on this full-day excursion from Cusco. Travel to the scenic town of Pisac where you’ll visit the local market and see mass if traveling on a Sunday. Then, head over to the ruins of the Ollantayambo Fortress and the Temple of the Sun, a mysteriously built structure with massive 12 foot (3.5m) tall stones.
Get up close and personal with the culture of the ancient Inca civilization as you explore the main archaeological sites of the Sacred Valley near the empire’s former capital of Cusco. History lovers are sure to delight in this chance to explore this beautiful mountain valley, harboring a wealth of important Inca sites.
Start your day with a morning pickup from your hotel in Cusco, continuing first to the historic city of Pisac. The city was once known as a key trading post, offering a central location for Inca traders to barter for goods.
The tradition persists to this day at Pisac’s well-known market, offering you the opportunity to browse for a wealth of handcrafted textiles and souvenirs made by the local community. If you happen to be visiting Pisac on a Sunday, you’ll also get to witness the town’s famous mass, conducted in both Quechua and Spanish. Observe the town’s collection of dignitaries in attendance, and watching as they play the pututo, a traditional musical instrument.
Take a break after finishing your time in Pisac with a tasty lunch of Peruvian specialties, continuing to the Fortress of Ollantaytambo to discover its impressive Temple of the Sun. During the Incan civil war this imposing structure’s 12-foot (3.5-m) stones served as a key defensive barrier. After finishing your exploration of Ollantaytambo, continue back to Cusco, where you’ll be dropped off at your hotel.
- Highlight: Pisac ruins and market, Inka fortress in Ollantaytambo.
- Location: Sacred Valley, Cusco. (Pisac, Urubamba, Ollantaytambo, Chincheros)
- Duration: Full day
- Level: Easy.
- Adventure Rating: This is a traditional tour.
- Departure Dates: any day with two people. We offer affordably priced tours for 2 people so that you can depart when it suits you best.
- Combos & Upgrades: Combine with one of our treks for a complete Cusco experience, and get a discount off your trek price. Excellent for pre trek acclimatization or combined with other one day treks in the wet season.