Tour Yawarcocha Lake Full Day Tour
Yawarcocha Lagoon is located south of Cusco, on the way to the town of Checacupe, Pitumarca at 4800 meters above sea level. Puna Region.
On the way to this lagoon we can find a variety of plants as well as wild herbs from the area such as, for example:
- Wamanlipa Sasawi, Ichu or Andean wild straw, tulpa and others, we also find example animals:
- Alpacas, llamas, vicuñas, vizcachas, Andean cat, deer.
Birds, for example:
- Alca Mari, Killu, Condor Andino, la Guallata, el Pato, El Keyhu, El Chohuaquera.
And the people who live in the surrounding areas, like the peasant community of Chilca; they are very respectful of the Apus:
- Apu Ausangate at 6384 masl.
- Apu Mariposa, Apu Catalina, Apu Intipugyana; Apu Pukapunta in its surroundings.
In the month of August, every year the payment is made to the Pachamama is a rite that is practiced frequently in the Peruvian Andes, at this time the Pachamama is thirsty and hungry.
We pick up our passengers at approximately 3:30 am. From the historical center cuzco and the area of Wánchaq and we leave at 4:30 in the morning towards Yawarcocha.
To 2 hours we pass by the District of Checacupe, there we find the Colonial Temple, the
Inca bridge and its main Plaza de Armas to 3346 msnm; located to 100 km from the city of Cusco.
Continuing with our tour we arrive at the District of Pitumarca at 3450masl.
Immediately we arrive at Huito where we will have a rich and nutritious breakfast and have enough strength for the walk of the day.
Then we will continue our journey by dirt road until we reach Chillca Phinaya; we will descend from the transport and start our walk for approximately 2 hours on a completely flat trail.
Then we will cross a rocky area of approx. 20 minutes until we reach YAWARCOCHA.
Immediately you will enjoy this New Wonder, of incomparable beauty in this geographical area Puna Region, there you can take photos of the memory, appreciate nature.
Then we will begin with the return and / or descent to Chillca Phinaya, place where we will board our bus in the direction of Huito.
Arriving at Huito we will enjoy a buffet lunch with typical dishes of the area …45 minutes approx.
Again we will board the bus to the city of Cusco, and arrive approx. at 7:30pm
- Tourist transport to and from the airport
- Breakfast and lunch
- Oxygen in case you need it.
- The professional guide.
IT DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Additional Meals
- the entrance to the Chilca Phinaya Community, which administers the income to Lake Yawarcocha.
- Trekking poles. If you want $ 5
- Photo session ; if you want $ 20
You need to take un your backpack:
- A windbreaker jacket
- A warm shirt.
- A hat for the sun.
- Sun blocker
- Walking shoes,
- Your medications for personal use
- Money for personal expenses.
- Backpack of 30 liters
- If you get tired you will be able to request a horse; and you will pay it to the community to which you give the horse.
PRICES 2019 – 2020
Exclusive service: we will only operate on our tourists, we will not pass or join with other agencies.
|pp = Por person||Dolars||Soles|
|01 Person||45.00 pp||150.00 pp|
|02 Persons||45.00 pp||150.00 pp|
|03 Persons||45.00 pp||150.00 pp|
|04 Persons||45.00 pp||150.00 pp|
|05 Persons||45.00 pp||150.00 pp|
|06 Persons or more||43.00 pp||140.00 pp|